Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Windshield Repair Dallas

I was traveling down the road in Denton, TX a few weeks back and a pebble struck my front windscreen triggering a little nick to show up. I did not ponder much of the chip seeing that it was within the passenger side of my window and even shortly forgot it was even there. Further this week I stopped in to go to my folks and my dad pointed out the chip in my window could easily be repaired. He explained how only one or two months back he had got a windshield repair on a chip in his front windscreen in Dallas and that it was not terribly conspicuous right after getting repaired.
Soon after leaving my folks house heading from Denton I had become interested in the process of windshield repair versus auto glass replacement in Dallas and made a decision to get in touch with my local auto glass shop around the Dallas area for additional info. The glass shops I called were in Denton, Garland, Lewisville, Plano, Addison, Allen, Mckinney, Frisco, and Prosper.  As you can see there are several in the Dallas area. The one I chose instructed me to bring my auto in for an initial examination of the damage. Prior to getting the car in for its ‘ first examination I made up my mind to call my insurance company and question them with regards to the process of windshield repair in Dallas and should I have this performed on my vehicle. My insurer said to me that if the chip was little enough for a repair they might waive my deductible which would keep me from paying out any cash when it comes to having my car glass repaired and my glass would be revived to a like new status.
Happy about the likelihood of not being made to spend any money to have my window repaired I determined to drop by my nearby car wash and clean the vehicle before going to the auto glass shop for the initial examination.  The tech at the shop said that the crack in my glass was too large to be corrected and that I would require a total auto glass replacement. The tech did not offer windshield replacement services and suggested that I use an online locator service to find the most acceptable quote on my replacement glass.
Recollecting that my insurance firm was going to waive my deductible I decided to call them back and learn if they might do a similar thing for a total replacement. Afraid to say my insurer explained that I might be responsible for my deductible in this example.
Now that I need to pay out of my pocket for my glass to be replaced I determined to return home and get on the internet and look for the best cost available for my replacement glass in Dallas. I discovered a auto glass locator service in Plano, TX that was very helpful in rendering many price quotes from various firms and allowed me to plan my service on the internet. The firms who were displayed in the locator service were all mobile and managed to conduct the service at whatever destination I needed.
My brand new windshield in Plano, ended up costing me $225 plus tax which is dispiriting when it might have been no cost to me had I mended the fracture sooner. I believe we live and we learn. Going forward I plan to get any fracture in my windshield in Dallas repaired as soon as it happens and would certainly endorse that anyone studying this article do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Well written and well said, I had similar experience and you are right that we learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking to reinstate your broken vehicle or car windshield repair? Would you like to get it returning to its unique condition? Just rest and sit back! There is always a remedy to the broken vehicle. Because of the world wide web availability has become simple and quick for the individuals to get in touch with for solutions available on the internet to fix their vehicle.
    Windshield Repair

    ReplyDelete